RIM reminds users of free premium apps
Dubai, December 21, 2011
Research In Motion (RIM) is encouraging customers to take advantage of its free premium apps which is on offer until December 31.
The free applications are available to all subscribers via BlackBerry App World as an expression of appreciation to all BlackBerry smartphone users from RIM, a statement from the company said.
The applications range from games, photo editing softwares, online radio streaming and lifestyle enhancement apps, and are offered to customers free of charge. They are valued at over $100 if purchased separately after December 31.
“As part of our appreciation for more than 70 million customers worldwide, we are offering an impressive selection of applications free of charge to BlackBerry smartphone users,” said Sandeep Saihgal, managing director for the Middle East at RIM.
The applications currently available to BlackBerry smartphone users are The Sims 3, Bejeweled, Bubble Bash 2, Photo Editor Ultimate, DriveSafe.ly Pro, iSpeech Translator Pro, Nobex Radio Premium, Shazam Encore, Vlingo: Virtual Assistant, and SimCity Deluxe, the statement said.
The free apps can be accessed directly through BlackBerry App World. Users can select the “A Thank You Gift” category from the app carousel, and download any of the applications available, it said.
Applications that are downloaded will always be available to customers in the future once saved in the “My World” category, and can be downloaded on future BlackBerry smartphones without the need to purchase them. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security