RIM reminds users of free premium apps
Dubai, December 21, 2011
Research In Motion (RIM) is encouraging customers to take advantage of its free premium apps which is on offer until December 31.
The free applications are available to all subscribers via BlackBerry App World as an expression of appreciation to all BlackBerry smartphone users from RIM, a statement from the company said.
The applications range from games, photo editing softwares, online radio streaming and lifestyle enhancement apps, and are offered to customers free of charge. They are valued at over $100 if purchased separately after December 31.
“As part of our appreciation for more than 70 million customers worldwide, we are offering an impressive selection of applications free of charge to BlackBerry smartphone users,” said Sandeep Saihgal, managing director for the Middle East at RIM.
The applications currently available to BlackBerry smartphone users are The Sims 3, Bejeweled, Bubble Bash 2, Photo Editor Ultimate, DriveSafe.ly Pro, iSpeech Translator Pro, Nobex Radio Premium, Shazam Encore, Vlingo: Virtual Assistant, and SimCity Deluxe, the statement said.
The free apps can be accessed directly through BlackBerry App World. Users can select the “A Thank You Gift” category from the app carousel, and download any of the applications available, it said.
Applications that are downloaded will always be available to customers in the future once saved in the “My World” category, and can be downloaded on future BlackBerry smartphones without the need to purchase them. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr