LG launches glasses-free 3D smartphone
Manama, December 27, 2011
South Korean electronics giant, LG Electronics, has launched glasses-free 3D smartphones, LG Optimus 3D.
The company collaborated with National Geographic to showcase the world’s first 3D image gallery at this year’s IFA, a statement from the company said.
The new smartphone has succeeded in preventing the ‘crosstalk effect’, where users may experience dizziness, through an auto convergence technology. This technology provides maximum level of depth and eliminates possible dizziness.
It is the only 3D device installed with a self-correcting technology on a real-time basis. It therefore provides its users with optimal 3D image quality without the hassle or inconveniences of other devices.
The LG Optimus 3D is the only 3D phone that can take 3D photos with 3.2 megapixel qualities.
The 4.3-inch LCD screen has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels, the statement said.
Users can browse the 3D contents on Youtube as well as share self-created contents with a wider audience through a preloaded YouTube application based on its exclusive partnership.
It also allows users to freely transform 2D content into 3D, and vice versa. Moreover, LG’s upcoming “3D Game Converter” will advance the 3D content environment and lead the industry with the world’s first 3D game converter on a smartphone platform.
The device’s auto convergence and misalignment calibration technologies help users create high quality 3D content without the need for extra equipment, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network