Mashreq partners with Kaspersky Lab
Dubai, January 8, 2012
UAE-based Mashreq Bank has partnered with Kaspersky Labs, a leading developer of secure content and threat management solutions, to provide its online customers with special offers on the anti-virus products.
As per the deal, Kaspersky will offer a 60 day free trial of its new anti-virus product besides a 50 per cent discount on the purchase of the product. Over 100,000 customers are expected to benefit from this offer, said a statement from Mashreq.
In 2010, Mashreq’s online banking recorded over two million successful transactions, reflecting customers’ preferred method for their banking transactions. Due to this high traffic, online security is essential.
Aref Al Ramli, head of alternative channels, Mashreq said, "While we offer a safe and secure platform equipped with the best system for convenient banking transactions, it is critical that customers’ protect their computer devices."
"This partnership is a testament of Mashreq’s commitment to offer our customers with the latest technology has to offer. Kaspersky Anti-Virus product will offer protection while browsing,” said Al Ramli.
Tarek Kuzbari, managing director, Kaspersky Lab Middle East and Turkey said, “Internet surfing has faced many challenges during the last period, and our goal is to provide Mashreq customers with the highest level of security on their devices.”
“As part of our 2011 plan, our partnership with Mashreq will not involve only product enhancement, but will also provide technical support, customer security and extra protection tool with minimal costs,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- LTE leaders to tackle regional challenges in Dubai
- Batelco 'SMS Challenge' back with big cash prizes
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council