New iPhone app allows free calls
Stockholm, January 19, 2012
Sweden-based Freephoo, an online communications firm, has launched a new version of its iPhone and iPod Touch app, which supports free calls to Facebook friends, LinkedIn connections and to phonebook contacts.
When connected to Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, freephoo 2.0 displays the contacts. It takes just a few seconds to import all social contacts and start making social calls for free, said a statement.
“People are building and maintaining relationships through the social networks, so the phonebook is no longer the only alternative for contacts. We are very pleased to give our users the opportunity to call Facebook and LinkedIn contacts for free,” said co-founder Pandelis Eliopoulos.
Freephoo earlier presented high audio quality calls, introduced as superHD sound. The superHD quality sound applies for the social calls as well.
On the App Store, freephoo reached No 1 on Top Free App, No 1 on Top Social App and No 1 on Top Grossing app.
Freephoo is currently listed as 'What's hot' in more than 15 markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project