New iPhone app allows free calls
Stockholm, January 19, 2012
Sweden-based Freephoo, an online communications firm, has launched a new version of its iPhone and iPod Touch app, which supports free calls to Facebook friends, LinkedIn connections and to phonebook contacts.
When connected to Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, freephoo 2.0 displays the contacts. It takes just a few seconds to import all social contacts and start making social calls for free, said a statement.
“People are building and maintaining relationships through the social networks, so the phonebook is no longer the only alternative for contacts. We are very pleased to give our users the opportunity to call Facebook and LinkedIn contacts for free,” said co-founder Pandelis Eliopoulos.
Freephoo earlier presented high audio quality calls, introduced as superHD sound. The superHD quality sound applies for the social calls as well.
On the App Store, freephoo reached No 1 on Top Free App, No 1 on Top Social App and No 1 on Top Grossing app.
Freephoo is currently listed as 'What's hot' in more than 15 markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet
- Zain launches new premium services
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft