Netgear device extends WiFi coverage
Dubai, February 16, 2012
Netgear, a worldwide provider of networking and storage products, has announced the Middle East release of the Universal Dual-Band WiFi Range Extender (WN2500RP).
The new product has been designed specifically to extend the wireless range and optimise performance of any existing home network, said a statement.
The WN2500RP extends the coverage of both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi signals from an existing wireless router or gateway, providing consumers with the convenience of a flexible and improved WiFi connection, it said.
The WiFi range extender provides users with key features like simultaneous dual-band WiFi that runs on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands concurrently, doubling WiFi bandwidth and reducing WiFi interference.
The new unit is equipped with Netgear’s FastLane technology, which gives users the advantage to use a performance optimized operating mode, ideal for HD video streaming and online gaming.
“With the proliferation of connected devices in the home, consumers today increasingly rely on the strength and stability of their home wireless network,” said Ali Ahmar, regional director, ME - CBU, Netgear.
“Netgear’s new WiFi range extenders make it easier for consumers to improve their overall wireless experience by getting the most out of their existing wireless network,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase