Western Digital names ME distributor
Dubai, March 1, 2012
Western Digital, a leader in hard drives and home entertainment products, has announced the appointment of Cyprus-based company Logicom as its new distributor for the Middle East and Levant region.
As per the deal, Logicom will be distributing WD’s products in Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and Kuwait for components and the entire product portfolio in Lebanon and Jordan.
“Penetrating newer geographies and making our products available in smaller markets is one of our key focus areas in the Middle East in 2012. Logicom will help us enhance our channel pull and drive growth in the area," remarked Khwaja Saifuddin, the senior sales director, WD Middle East & South Asia.
Commenting on the partnership, Michael Papaeracleous, the executive director of distribution at Logicom said: “Partnering with a global leader like WD presents an excellent business opportunity for our large reseller base. Our partners can diversify their portfolio through addition of innovative and market-leading WD products."
According to Saifuddin, the demand for digital content was growing at a rapid pace.
"This presents an exciting business potential for a brand like WD whose innovative offerings have significantly contributed to the global storage market for over two decades," he noted.
"This partnership will assist us to meet expectations of the fast-growing market for storage, and Logicom is helping us to adequately address this opportunity," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project