Viva Bahrain wins achievement award
Manama, May 5, 2012
Viva Bahrain, the newest player in the Kingdom's telecom scene, was given the “Growth Story of the Year” award for its outstanding achievements during 2011 at the "TMT Finance Middle East 2012" gala event held in Dubai.
The awards were organized as part of the 6th Annual TMT Finance and Investment Middle East 2012 conference, the region’s largest gathering of telecom CEOs and a key annual event for telecom industry.
TMT Finance Middle East 2012 Awards have been designed to celebrate achievements by the region’s leading telecom companies, investment banks and legal advisers and to identify and reward those companies who have demonstrated an unparalleled ability to succeed and have continually set standards of excellence.
"Since establishment, Viva has not only experienced phenomenal growth but has become one of the mainstays of the telecom landscape in Bahrain and has amply contributed to its evolution and growth," remarked Ulaiyan M. Al Wetaid, the CEO of Viva Bahrain.
"And today, having our brand being recognized is very gratifying and is with no doubt a source of pride for us. We aim to continue this success through implementing our mission, which revolves around delivering utmost quality services and raising the bar of innovation and proficiency in the industry,” he said.
Viva’s victory at TMT Finance Middle East is the culmination of an aggressive expansion strategy with an objective to reinforce its position in both the local and regional scenes.
"One of the key elements in VIVA’s success is the fact that we continually invest in our people, fostering an internal culture of creativity and dedication that is further braced by the sheer brand power," Al Wetaid noted.
"We will continue to build on this solid foundation in order to maintain our impressive streak of accomplishments," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services