Bahrain's 'green broadband' picks 3Roam
Manama, July 2, 2012
Bahrain Broadband, operating one of the first eco-friendly wireless networks across the globe under the brand name Greenisis, has selected 3Roam products and services for the deployment of its backhaul network over the kingdom.
Evolving in a highly-competitive environment, Bahrain Broadband required rapid and safe deployment, while operating in a technically challenging environment, said a company statement.
3Roam was able to provide a 100 per cent outdoor network set-up thanks to its leading Aero product. Aero’s integrated Gigabit switch has been key to combine both incoming traffic in addition to the local base-stations on all outdoor sites, it added.
“We are very satisfied with 3Roam’s products quality and the superior network uptime they provide. Beyond their products, 3Roam have entered a real partnership with us and contribute to the high-quality standards of services we offer to our broadband customers,' remarked George El-Aily, the CEO of Bahrain Broadband.
Based in Sophia-Antipolis, France, 3Roam is a leading innovator in advanced networking for high-capacity wireless IP backhaul.
The 3Roam provides a complete portfolio of microwave transmission products enabling Gigabit-class wireless point-to-point interconnections for service providers and private networks.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services