Viva introduces ManU membership card
Manama, October 8, 2012
Viva Bahrain has launched a one-of-a-kind Viva Manchester United membership card, loaded with benefits for fans including attending live matches at Old Trafford, meeting the team and Sir Alex Ferguson.
The official membership scheme is available for BD39 ($103.72), valid throughout the year till the 2013 football season, a statement from the telecommunications company said.
Andrew Hanna, Viva CCO, said: “Bahrain is a football frenzy nation with its own local Manchester United Supporters Club. Taking forward our exclusive partnership with one of the biggest football clubs in the world while leveraging our huge subscriber base of the Manchester United service, we have introduced a unique and one-of-its kind football membership card for fans in Bahrain.”
“The premium membership card comes with a number of ‘never been offered before’ benefits to the club in addition to the unlimited array of discounts, free subscription of Manchester United service, applications, streaming of live matches and much more. This will be a dream come true for any Manchester United fan.”
The new card was launched in the presence of the local chapter of Manchester United Supporters Club who were treated to a special preview of the membership card and its unique privileges, giving them the first priority to register for the card.
A special screening of the Manchester United vs New Castle game was organised for the fans at the Capital Club which also included a raffle draw to win a signed shirt by Robin Van Persie, the Dutch footballer and Manchester United striker.
By signing up for the card, 30 Viva football fans in Bahrain will win a trip to watch the Reds play in the Champions League at Old Trafford - ‘Theatre of Dreams’. Fans will also have the opportunity to meet the Manchester United team and watch them train at Carrington, and get their own personalised signed mementos from the players.
For the first time, four Viva members/customers from Bahrain will have a chance to meet and have lunch with the legendary football club manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, one of the biggest names in the world of football.
The membership card also offers an exclusive opportunity to meet and greet Manchester United Legends first in Bahrain, stay tuned 24x7 into live football action through free Viva Manchester United SMS service to receive live match updates, instant scores, and text commentary. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m