Roamly finds solution for high roaming costs
Toronto, December 2, 2012
Canada-based telecommunications company, Roamly Mobile Solutions, has announced that it has found a solution for its high mobile phone roaming charges incurred by business travellers, reducing it up to 80 per cent.
Frequent travelers can reduce voice, SMS and data roaming charges by attaching the patented paper-thin Roamly Overlay SIM to their existing SIM card and re-inserting the combined SIMs into their existing mobile phone, a statement from the company said.
They can travel to over 200 countries and experience the same wireless coverage and quality of service they are used to using the Roamly mobile carrier partner network, while saving on every trip.
Added benefits include global voicemail and live chat customer support worldwide. In addition, Roamly is a pay-as-you-go service without any surprise bills or contracts. Users can load their account for use during their trip and any remaining balance may be used on the next trip.
“The Roamly SIM is a practical and convenient solution to a business-limiting problem. When traveling, people are inhibited in using their mobile or using data, as it simply costs too much,” said Dave Dobbin, CEO, Roamly Mobile Solutions. “You get the best of both worlds with Roamly. Use your home operator services at home, use Roamly when abroad and save up to 80 per cent on voice, SMS and data. You keep your home operator, your number, your device and contacts, and remain contactable for business, friends and family.”
The Roamly Overlay SIM once attached, activated and topped-up, stays dormant while in the user’s home country. Roamly automatically detects when users are abroad and connects them to its partner network to provide savings of up to 80 per cent for voice, SMS and data.
“It is an easy set-up for the user and the savings are substantial,” said Jim Bruce, president, Gemini International, a Roamly distributor. “The Roamly Overlay SIM is an extremely attractive offering for enterprises with many corporate travelers and small business owners who travel regularly.”
Roamly is currently available to purchase online for customers whose home country is one of 40+ countries including Argentina, Australia, Canada, France, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Mexico, Panama, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, and USA for savings on roaming in over 200 destination countries around the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya