Batelco launches new mentoring programme
Manama, December 9, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom company has launched a new mentoring programme, as part of its training and development schemes.
The programme will pair graduate trainees with members of Batelco’s management teams or general staff members who have specialized skills in key areas. The mentors, who are volunteering their time to support the trainees, have all participated in training sessions and workshops to learn the skills needed to be effective mentors.
A workshop has also taken place for the selected trainees who have been chosen as mentees. The mentees have been selected due to their strong work ethic and enthusiastic approach in the workplace.
Batelco general manager HR Bahrain Suhaila Alnowakhda said that the innovative programme is part of a comprehensive skills development programme which aims to enhance the wide range of training and development opportunities available within the company.
Batelco manager HR Training & Development Shaikh Bader Al Khalifa, who is leading the new initiative, said that the programme promised to be a great development vehicle for Batelco’s young talents.
“We are very keen to ensure the success of this programme and develop it into a leading initiative that others will aspire to follow,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion