Etisalat wins top ADX award
Abu Dhabi, January 28, 2013
UAE-based leading telecom operator Etisalat led the list of Abu Dhabi's Top 100 key government investment companies listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX), according to a new index.
The company was honoured at a recently held awards ceremony hosted by Abu Dhabi University.
Etisalat topped the list with net profits of Dh5.8 billion ($1.58 billion) for 2011, and the telecoms operator's market capital was pegged at Dh72 billion according to figures provided by ADX.
Rashed Al Baloushi, chief executive at Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange, and Mohammed Omar Abdullah, undersecretary of the Department of Economic Development (DED), handed over the certificates in the presence of Fahad Saeed Al Raqbani, deputy director general of the Abu Dhabi Council for Economic Development (ADCED), and Dr Abdulwahid bin Khalid Al Homaid, Deputy Minister of Labour.
Ali Al Ahmed, chief of corporate communications, Etisalat, said: “It is an honor for Etisalat to receive this award, which recognises our outstanding financial track record over the years. Our loyal and expanding customer base offers testimony to our customer-centric services, which are responsive to changing market dynamics.”
“We are confident that we will continue to achieve greater milestones that will help us maintain our position as a leading global ICT company and significantly contribute to positioning the UAE as the ideal destination for working, studying, living and tourism.”
“Etisalat will continue to work with local, regional and international partners across the telecom spectrum to develop cutting-edge technologies. We are confident we will capitalise on the current dynamic environment through our investment in FTTH fibre-optic cabling and the LTE 4G network for the benefit of our customers,” Al Ahmed said.
Set up to recognise Abu Dhabi companies based on their economic performance, the award categories include top companies listed on the exchange, key government investment companies, largest regional private sector natural gas producers, those with the highest number of employees and those employing the maximum number of UAE nationals. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase