Lenovo names new GM for Gulf
Dubai, February 10, 2013
Lenovo, the world’s second largest PC company, has appointed Mohammed Hilili as general manager for the Gulf region with a focus on growing and developing its Middle East operation.
Including enterprise, consumer and channel partnership outreach, Hilili will continue to expand on Lenovo’s current market share helping the firm become the world’s leading PC maker and emerging global leader in PC+ devices, a statement said.
Bringing more than a decade of experience in IT, consumer electronics and business strategies across the region, he has received numerous accolades for his achievements and comprehensive knowledge in international sales, distribution management, strategy implementation, team management and business development.
In his capacity as general manager for the Gulf, he will also focus on talent development and capacity building.
Oliver Ebel, executive director and general manager, Lenovo Middle East and Africa, said: “Our continued growth in the region is a result of our clear strategy, strong team and dedication to becoming the leading PC maker in the region. Our global ‘Protect & Attack’ strategy is proving highly effective in MEA and we believe Mohammed Hilili is the right calibre and has extensive expertise to help us drive our market share and our PC+ strategy to the next level. We are delighted to welcome Mohammed to the team.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award