Samsung PC market share up in GCC
Manama, May 27, 2013
Samsung Electronics has increased its market share in the PC monitor category across the GCC, said a report.
According to market research firm IDC, in Bahrain, Samsung achieved a 31.19 per cent market share and a growth rate of 119.85 per cent from fourth quarter of 2011 to fourth quarter last year.
Samsung achieved 42.21 per cent market share in Qatar and 32.11 per cent in Kuwait securing the leading position in these markets.
The company also reported healthy growth in these markets with 130.89 per cent growth in Qatar and 72.96 per cent in Kuwait.
Additionally, Samsung performed exceptionally well in the rest of the GCC with IDC reporting a 19.01 per cent market share in the UAE, which equated to 114.12 per cent growth.
In Oman, the company solidified a 25.22 per cent market share with a growth rate of 76.15 per cent.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Samsung Electronics |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project