Samsung PC market share up in GCC
Manama, May 27, 2013
Samsung Electronics has increased its market share in the PC monitor category across the GCC, said a report.
According to market research firm IDC, in Bahrain, Samsung achieved a 31.19 per cent market share and a growth rate of 119.85 per cent from fourth quarter of 2011 to fourth quarter last year.
Samsung achieved 42.21 per cent market share in Qatar and 32.11 per cent in Kuwait securing the leading position in these markets.
The company also reported healthy growth in these markets with 130.89 per cent growth in Qatar and 72.96 per cent in Kuwait.
Additionally, Samsung performed exceptionally well in the rest of the GCC with IDC reporting a 19.01 per cent market share in the UAE, which equated to 114.12 per cent growth.
In Oman, the company solidified a 25.22 per cent market share with a growth rate of 76.15 per cent.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Samsung Electronics |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution