HP launches new POS solution
Dubai, June 11, 2013
HP has launched a new point of sale (POS) solution, to help retail and hospitality businesses to enhance customer experience and maximise staff productivity.
The HP ElitePad Mobile POS Solution, which is composed of the HP ElitePad plus the HP Retail Jacket for ElitePad, will allow businesses to meet customer needs anywhere in the store with mobile POS and assisted selling capabilities. It will integrate into a retailer’s existing IT infrastructure, saving time and money by allowing them to easily connect to store systems.
“Consumers expect the same personalised experience they get online or on their mobile device in a retailer’s brick-and-mortar store,” said Kobi Elbaz, director, Commercial and Retail Solutions, Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP EMEA.
“With the HP ElitePad Mobile POS Solution, store managers and associates are empowered to move the sale from behind the counter, giving them the ability to assist the customer right on the sales floor for immediate customer satisfaction.”
About 57 per cent of retailers plan to implement tablets in their store in the next 12-36 months, citing consumer engagement as the top priority, according to a recent report.
The POS solution includes 1D/2D barcode scanner and three-track encrypted bi-directional magnetic stripe reader (MSR) for a fully integrated design with built-in POS functionality, integrated detachable hand strap, and an optional secondary battery, which will enable it to operate for extended hours.
The HP ElitePad is available now in EMEA, and the HP Retail Jacket for ElitePad will be available in EMEA from September. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- LTE leaders to tackle regional challenges in Dubai
- Batelco 'SMS Challenge' back with big cash prizes
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council