Etisalat launches Huawei smartphone
Dubai, July 31, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator Etisalat has launched the new Huawei Ascend P6, claimed to be the world's slimmest smartphone.
The operator will offer the device exclusively from its business centres and outlets throughout August, said a statement.
The latest Android-based phone with a 6.18 mm thickness and a 4.7 –inch screen, features a 5MP front camera and an 8MP rear camera.
Etisalat will offer this phone at a price of Dh1,599 ($435) with several customer-friendly prepaid and postpaid packages all this month.
“This is a continuation of our roll-outs of exclusive offers for our customers and is aligned with our aim to be the leader in introducing new mobile smartphones in the UAE market,” said Khaled ElKhouly, chief marketing officer.
President of Huawei in the Middle East Jiao Jian said: “The calibre of performance being offered in the Ascend P6 is a clear illustration of Huawei’s intent to become one of the world’s top three smartphone brands, delivering exceptional technology at the right value to consumers. Partnering with a leading operator like Etisalat was the natural choice for tapping into their extensive customer base.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya