Etisalat launches Huawei smartphone
Dubai, July 31, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator Etisalat has launched the new Huawei Ascend P6, claimed to be the world's slimmest smartphone.
The operator will offer the device exclusively from its business centres and outlets throughout August, said a statement.
The latest Android-based phone with a 6.18 mm thickness and a 4.7 –inch screen, features a 5MP front camera and an 8MP rear camera.
Etisalat will offer this phone at a price of Dh1,599 ($435) with several customer-friendly prepaid and postpaid packages all this month.
“This is a continuation of our roll-outs of exclusive offers for our customers and is aligned with our aim to be the leader in introducing new mobile smartphones in the UAE market,” said Khaled ElKhouly, chief marketing officer.
President of Huawei in the Middle East Jiao Jian said: “The calibre of performance being offered in the Ascend P6 is a clear illustration of Huawei’s intent to become one of the world’s top three smartphone brands, delivering exceptional technology at the right value to consumers. Partnering with a leading operator like Etisalat was the natural choice for tapping into their extensive customer base.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'