ABC to arrange $133m Tunisiana Tel loan
Tunis, September 17, 2013
The Arab Banking Corporation (ABC), through its subsidiary ABC Tunisie, has been mandated as the sole lead arranger and facility agent for a $133 million five-year term loan for Tunisiana Telecom, one of the country's largest mobile telecommunication companies.
Four other banks have taken part in the loan, which will be used to finance the enhancement of Tunisiana's 3G network and the launch of landline business.
"We are very pleased that ABC has been selected to arrange this loan for Tunisia's leading mobile operator," said ABC Tunisie chief executive Ali Kooli.
"ABC has been a lead banker to Tunisiana Telecom since its inception in 2002. This transaction reflects clients' confidence in ABC and our strategy that aims at expanding the delivery of banking services to top corporations, as well as our commitment to Tunisia," he added.
"The appointment of ABC to lead arrange this important transaction comes as a reward for its long commitment to the Tunisian market for more than 30 years," ABC global head of corporate finance Graham Scopes said.
"During this period ABC offered its clients credible and professional products and services and provided international expertise and deep understanding of their local needs, in addition to the support of ABC's network of subsidiary banks and the Middle East and North Africa region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo