Locatel launches Mobility mobile solutions
Dubai, September 29, 2013
Locatel, a leading provider of communications solutions for the hospitality industry, has launched a range of mobile solutions and applications from Mobility for improving hotel customers’ experiences at The Hotel Show in Dubai.
Mobility By Locatel comprises the latest generation of the multilingual mobile applications ‘Lobby’, ‘In Room’ and ‘Companion’, three applications which meet the needs of luxury hotels and capitalise on its TV and internet solutions.
These mobile applications reduce the customers’ dependence on the major online booking companies and encourage more direct reservations. Moreover the hotel’s e-reputation and guest comments posted can be managed in a more interactive and dynamic way.
With these considerations in mind, Locatel has developed Mobility BY Locatel, a range of premium mobile applications with intuitive interfaces which provide end users with access to a multitude of contents and services.
Designed to liven up public areas such as the lobby, bar and business centre, Lobby Companion is an application for customers and visitors running on tablets. This 3 in 1 application provides information on the hotel and its services, local tourist attractions and access to the internet in a fun and interactive way.
In Room Companion
An application designed for tablets and installed on hotel devices which provide access to a large choice of exclusive and innovative in-room services: on line room service ordering, spa reservations, automation control, TV remote control, express check-out.
An application which is intended to be used everywhere, on the majority of guests’ smartphones and tablets. Open to multiple services, it allows guests to stay in contact with the hotel before, during and after their stay.
The Mobility By Locatel applications are modular and customisable to adapt quickly to the needs of each hotel. Locatel provides hotels with an easy to use interface which can be easily updated with new content, via any computer, through a shared TV and mobile content Cloud management service.
Hadi Chmait, general manager, Hôtel Le Péra in Paris said: “We are very satisfied with the Lobby by Locatel application installed in our facility to meet the expectations of our clients looking for information on the hotel and providing internet access. We appreciate this concept which allows us to liven up our public areas and which offers a playful way to promote our services, whilst providing additional internet access.”
François Clemenceau, Mobiles Applications Business Unit director from Locatel, added: “The Mobility By Locatel offer is the fruit of several years of development, patents and 50 years of expertise in the broadcasting and media business.”
“This know-how allows us to create innovative services and to meet the high expectations of guests with solutions such as viewing mobile content on the TV screen, TV channels displayed on mobile devices, remote control through mobile devices, secured printing from mobile devices and high speed internet access,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution