Seminar to discuss telecom pricing issues
Manama, September 29, 2013
Major telecom issues will be the focus of a two-day Long Run Incremental Cost (LRIC) seminar to be held at the Movenpick Hotel in Bahrain.
The LRIC seminar, which opens on Tuesday, will see TRA senior analyst Thomas Hain speak at the opening session, said event organisers.
He will highlight the importance of cost models for the telecommunications sector in Bahrain and will also present TRA's key positions on the development of bottom-up cost models and will give an update on its project to develop such models, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
This event will enable telecom executives to understand cost model methodologies which in turn will help them make better informed pricing and investment decisions.
As it may also help them in regulatory proceedings, TRA has strongly advised all specialists in the fields of telecoms costing and pricing, wholesale, regulatory and audit to participate.
The LRIC seminar will cover other specialised topics such as the impact of network evolution on costs, the cost base of an efficient network operator, and the benefits of LRIC models which are important tools in the context of regulatory pricing.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network