Etisalat, NetComm to supply M2M technology
Sydney, October 10, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator Etisalat Group and NetComm Wireless, a leading broadband products developer, have expanded their deal to deliver wireless machine-to-machine (M2M) communication technologies across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
The new arrangement will provide widespread access of M2M solutions designed to increase efficiencies and enable new services in areas such as smart metering, m-Health, digital signage, transportation and security, said a statement.
"We are pleased to strengthen a collaboration that combines Etisalat's network coverage with NetComm’s M2M technologies to deliver the business benefits of M2M to customers," said David Stewart, NetComm’s managing Director and CEO.
M2M technology is essential for regional development, said the statement from Etisalat, as it launched an M2M control centre in UAE last month.
Etisalat joined the M2M World Alliance, a group of eight international telecoms operators working together to simplify and promote M2M technology for global deployment.
It is also offering end-to-end M2M solutions including a group of fleet management solutions in many of its operations, Emirates Energy Star for building energy management in the UAE and a health care solution in Saudi Arabia. In addition to these applications, Etisalat operations power a lot of solutions in automotive, utilities, home monitoring, security and logistics with its M2M managed connectivity. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project