Etisalat mobile registeration drive 'a big success'
Abu Dhabi, November 11, 2013
Etisalat said it has successfully registered 75 per cent of its mobile phone customers under its ‘My Number, My Identity’ campaign ahead of the Telecom Regulatory Authority’s (TRA) deadline.
As per its new rule, the TRA has made it mandatory for all the mobile users in the UAE to re-register their phone accounts before January 16.
The UAE's leading telecom company said those who fail to re-register their mobile numbers risk having their services interrupted and possibly even disconnected, under the TRA’s direction.
The January deadline represents customers’ last chance to keep their existing phone numbers and retain uninterrupted mobile phone service, it stated.
In order to encourage registeration, Etisalat recently launched a weekly raffle draw under which 30 of its customers won BlackBerry smartphones.
Etisalat said it will be giving away 140 BlackBerry smartphones through draws to reward 10 registered customers each week from now till January 2014.
All Etisalat customers who have registered their phones are automatically entered for the raffle, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit