Batelco wins eContent award
Manama, December 3, 2013
Batelco, the Kingdom’s leading telecommunications provider, said it has won big at the prestigious Bahrain eContent Awards 2013 for its "Unique ideas Centre."
The Bahrain telco giant won the eContent Award in the eLearning & Technology category, said a statement from the company.
Batelco Bahrain CEO Rashid Abdulla received the award from Deputy Prime Minister and Chairman of the Supreme Committee for Information and Communications Technology, Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa at a glittering function held on Tuesday (December 3) at the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel.
Bahrain Internet Society organised the awards event in collaboration with Bahrain eGovernment Authority and the World Summit Award (WSA), to promote creativity and innovation in the development of new media applications in Bahrain.
Abdulla said that he was delighted to receive the award for Batelco ideas Centre, which showcases the future of ICT innovations.
“The Centre also regularly hosts VIP visits for Government Ministers as well as C-Level executives and educational establishments,” he stated.
"Interested parties are welcome to book a visit to the Centre online via the Centre’s Website (www.batelcoideas.com)," said an elated Rashid Abdulla.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director