New device to check littering
Dubai, October 21, 2008
A device that helps Dubai Municipality to record fines against people spitting and littering on the road has been launched.
The ‘Voice Portal Device’ (VPD) was showcased at the municipality’s stall at the ongoing Gitex Dubai 2008, said a Khaleej Times report.
According to Hussain Nasser Lootah, acting director-general of Dubai Municipality, by using the device municipality inspectors would be able to issue fines on the spot by simply dialling a dedicated telephone number and reporting the offence.
The system would recognise the voice, dialect and accent in both English and Arabic of the inspectors.
“The device will be handed over to all the inspectors soon. It would be used to record fines of all kinds in the near future,” said Lootah.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit