Bahrain shortens curfew in parts of Manama
Manama, March 17, 2011
Bahrain said on Thursday it would shorten an overnight curfew in parts of the capital Manama by four hours.
The curfew in the area from the Bahrain financial district to Shaikh Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa Bridge would now run from 8 pm in the evening to 4 am in the morning, , an army spokesman said on state television.
Bahrain on Wednesday banned all protests and imposed a curfew from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. across a large swathe of Manama after security forces broke up reform protests that had lasted several weeks. – Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery