Bahrain shortens curfew in parts of Manama
Manama, March 17, 2011
Bahrain said on Thursday it would shorten an overnight curfew in parts of the capital Manama by four hours.
The curfew in the area from the Bahrain financial district to Shaikh Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa Bridge would now run from 8 pm in the evening to 4 am in the morning, , an army spokesman said on state television.
Bahrain on Wednesday banned all protests and imposed a curfew from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. across a large swathe of Manama after security forces broke up reform protests that had lasted several weeks. – Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups
- Qatar minister demands key GCC role in Iran talks
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed