Assad agrees on reform measures
Beirut, September 10, 2011
The Arab League has agreed with President Bashar al-Assad on a series of measures to end months of bloodshed in Syria which will be presented to an Arab foreign ministers meeting in Cairo, said the League head on Saturday after a visit to Damascus.
Nabil Elaraby also told journalists in Cairo upon his return from Damascus that he had urged the Syrian president to 'speed up reform plans through a timetable that will make every Syrian citizen feel that he has moved to a new stage.'-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit