Bahrain by-election voting starts tomorrow
Manama, September 19, 2011
The first round of voting in the parliament by-elections is set to take place tomorrow September 20) at Bahrain’s diplomatic missions around the world.
Bahrainis travelling abroad on polling day can contact the election call centre on 77277277 and inform Bahrain’s embassy or consulate, said an election official.
The overseas votes are being cast four days ahead of the national polls on Saturday so that they can be counted and collated in time, he added.
A second round will be held on September 27 for constituencies where there are no clear winners.
Meanwhile, the Elections Supreme Committee said that a total of 133 monitors from human rights group and other non-governmental organisations would take part in the polls.
They will be issued special IDs that allow them access to polling centres to monitor the vote casting or counting process. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Top court quashes UK sanctions on Iranian bank
- Bahrain MPs back crackdown on nightclubs
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations