Islamic finance expert joins Simmons & Simmons
Dubai, October 17, 2011
Simmons & Simmons, an international law firm, has announced that Ahmed Butt has joined its Middle East financial markets practice to focus on the Saudi Arabian market.
Butt joins from Hogan Lovells’ Dubai office where he was a founding member of the Islamic finance team.
He has previously worked for international law firms in London and Dubai, as well as spending a period on secondment with Standard Chartered Bank as legal counsel.
He has extensive experience in advising lead bank arrangers on complex structured syndicated financings with cross-border security, primarily specialising in Shariah-compliant syndications in the Middle East, Turkey, Central Asia and South East Asia.
The move represents the latest step in Simmons & Simmons’ Saudi Arabian initiative following the formation of their alliance with Hammad, Al Mehdar & Co earlier this year.
Simmons & Simmons’ Middle East financial markets partner, Muneer Khan, said: “I am delighted to welcome Ahmed to our team. Saudi Arabia is a key focus for us and it is a market in which we are making very significant progress. Ahmed is a highly regarded banking and finance lawyer and Islamic finance specialist and his addition to our team strengthens our Saudi Arabian and Middle East regional offering.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- Saudi to allow expats with new work visas
- Kharafi wins $930m damages from Libya
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers