Kuwait forms new cabinet
Kuwait City, February 14, 2012
Kuwait formed a new cabinet on Tuesday, state television reported, after a snap parliamentary election earlier this month in which opposition candidates won a solid majority.
The former head of Kuwait's state petroleum corporation KPC, Hani Hussein, was appointed oil minister, while former military chief of staff Sheikh Ahmed Al-Khaled Al-Sabah was given the post of defence minister.
Interior Minister Sheikh Ahmed Al-Hamoud Al-Sabah held onto his portfolio, as did Finance Minister Mustapha Al-Shamali. - Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day