Saudi to fix domestic help wages at $160
Riyadh, April 1, 2012
Employers in Saudi Arabia will be obliged to pay foreign domestic workers a monthly salary of between SR600 ($160) and SR800, a senior official was quoted as saying.
The total cost of recruitment will be in the vicinity of SR15,000 to SR17,000, Saad Al-Badah, chairman of the national recruitment committee at the Saudi Chambers of Commerce and Industry said in a Saudi Gazette report.
Al-Badah said that recruitment companies are expected to provide services soon to clients. The new recruitment companies will cut out illegal brokers.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations
- Bahrain puts allowance hikes on fast track
- Saudi king congratulates Rohani on poll win