Saudi to fix domestic help wages at $160
Riyadh, April 1, 2012
Employers in Saudi Arabia will be obliged to pay foreign domestic workers a monthly salary of between SR600 ($160) and SR800, a senior official was quoted as saying.
The total cost of recruitment will be in the vicinity of SR15,000 to SR17,000, Saad Al-Badah, chairman of the national recruitment committee at the Saudi Chambers of Commerce and Industry said in a Saudi Gazette report.
Al-Badah said that recruitment companies are expected to provide services soon to clients. The new recruitment companies will cut out illegal brokers.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’
- Bill to scrap expat levy is rejected