UAE’s TRA holds mGovt workshops
Dubai, December 30, 2013
UAE’s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) recently hosted an mGovernment workshop in Dubai with the participation of several concerned government entities.
The entities were represented by the mGovernment transformation officer and the IT supervisor in each entity, in addition to the TRA team headed by Tariq Al Hawi, aeCERT director.
This workshop comes in line with the continuous efforts exerted by the TRA’s mGovernment team in coordination with the Prime Minister's Office in order to ensure an effective participation of federal government entities in the shift towards a smart government.
The workshop raised many topics and discussed various important aspects that emphasized the role of each entity in achieving the mGovernment transformation and the best way to achieve highest levels of coordination and mutual cooperation between these entities, each according to the scope of its work.
Other topics included identifying the roadmap of the transformation process and discussing the progress achieved in the implementation of the mGovernment Initiative as well as the financing mechanism.
“In this workshop, we aim to review the progress achieved by the federal government entities in the process of mGovernment transformation and review the new ideas and innovative suggestions provided by each entity in this regard,” said Hamad Obaid Al Mansoori, deputy director general for Information and e-Government Sector at the TRA.
“We have also reviewed the financing mechanism of this project in each government entity.
“As we are responsible for the transformation towards mGovernment, we stay committed to achieving the transformation process within the set deadlines for each phase. And following up with government entities on a regular basis is a part of the mGovernment strategy which aims to provide high quality services and applications that fulfill the objectives set for the mGovernment initiative," he added.
These ongoing efforts aim to ensure the delivery of smart services and applications to all UAE residents 24/7. The ultimate goal of the mGovernment team is to enable clients to complete all their Government transactions, travel procedures and all daily transactions via smart phone applications. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives
- Bahrain reforms 'far exceed recommendations'
- Kuwaiti Emir undergoes minor surgery
- Special court to deal with travel bans backed