Unesco, Panasonic release heritage calendar
Osaka, January 5, 2012
The Unesco World Heritage Centre and Panasonic have released an online version of the 2012 World Heritage Calendar in five languages. It is available as a website, wallpaper, or as a downloadable stand-alone application.
As the year 2012 is the 40th anniversary since the inauguration of the World Heritage Convention, the calendar is expected to raise even more interest than the very popular 2011 version, said a statement.
The online version is especially targeted to educating young people, and more content will be added in the near future.
Featuring stunning photographs of 12 World Heritage sites, the calendar includes informative texts and interesting facts in English, Japanese, French, Chinese and Spanish.
There is also a game consisting of matching sites with illustrations related to them on a world map. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand
- Instagram photography contest launched
- Top brands at Saudi interior design show