Dubai boxing championship details revealed
Dubai, January 18, 2012
The organising committee of the Dubai International Boxing Championship (DIBC) held a press conference today at the Dubai Sports Council; to reveal the details of the tournament.
The Council will host several strong rounds of international boxing champions including UAE champion, Eisa Al-Dah’s match, said a statement. All matches will be held on February 2 at the Aviation Club in Dubai.
The boxing rounds will include a match between famous American boxer, Bob Sapp, and Swedish boxer Tufan. Bob Sapp is also known as an actor/comedian in Hollywood.
Boxers from across the world will participate in the tournament such as Italy, Sweden, France, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Egypt, Philippine and Syria, a statement from the member of the Council said.
Faisal Al Shafar, Al Shafar Group, said: “I believe our participation as a sponsor and supporter of the Dubai International Boxing Championship comes under our corporate social responsibility to support the Dubai Autism Centre. It is our privilege to offer this initiative to the UAE’s society, particularly children with autism in order to build a more productive society.”
Sara Baqer, Community Service Unit Coordinator at Dubai Autism Center, said: “EMD Sports Services has dedicated all profits from tickets to support the Dubai Autism Centre.”
Masnan Adam, general manager, Al Habtoor, Valtrans, said: “Since its launch, DIBC has progressed and gathered amongst the most important boxers in the region. This year it has a different approach as all profits will go to the Dubai Autism Centre.”
Al-Dah, known as the “Arabian Warrior”, is the first professional boxer from the UAE. He started his professional career in 2007 after he fought and won against American boxer Lari Foster by knockout, confirming his stance as an internationally-acclaimed boxer, the statement said.
Tickets are available for sale at Virgin Mega Store, Time Out Tickets, selected stations at Enoc and Epco and the website. Prices are from Dh150 ($40.84) to Dh550 ($149.76). – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps