Nawras launches two news services
Muscat, February 14, 2012
Oman’s telecommunications company Nawras has launched Reuters breaking news service and Asia News to conveniently bring world news to customers’ handsets and tablets.
The two new SMS services will provide customers with the latest updates on international news stories via Reuters while Asia News will deliver daily news from India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, a statement from the company said.
Nawras is offering these SMS services on a monthly subscription basis and both services are available for all Nawras Ajel (postpaid) and Nawras Mousbak (prepaid) customers.
Reuters news is communicated in either English or Arabic with a minimum of one message delivered each day, the nominal monthly fee for which is OR1.5 ($3.9).
Customers can also choose to receive Asian News in English from any of the three countries featured for 700 baiza ($1.82) per month, per country, the statement said.
Al Muhanna Jaifar Al-Said, VAS specialist, said: “Nawras customers can now easily stay informed and up-to-date while on the move, wherever they go. These are the latest additions to a long list of value-added services that form part of the pleasingly different communications experience we offer.”
Nawras said new services are in addition to the existing CNN, BBC, Koora Mobile, Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award