14,000 attend Russell Peters’ shows
Abu Dhabi, March 25, 2012
Over 14,000 people attended four sold-out shows of the ‘Russell Peters Notorious World Tour’ in the UAE, organisers Flash Entertainment and Live Nation Middle East said.
Echoes of laughter filled both venues as Peters delivered unforgettable content from his record-breaking Russell Peters Notorious World Tour, a statement from Flash said.
The crowds were also treated to warm ups from New York City’s DJ Spinbad and comedian Ruben Paul.
Peters’ performance was personal. He engaged his audience directly, whilst showing a surprising and hilarious self-deprecation based on his own life experiences growing as an Indian/Canadian.
Commenting on the shows, Mira Sadek from Flash Entertainment, said: “We've seen some fantastic musicals, theater shows, concerts and DJ nights at the Flash Forum. This was our first foray into stand-up comedy and we couldn’t be happier. Russell was simply fantastic and to be working so closely with Live Nation to bring a UAE tour to the country has been equally satisfying. He laughed the house down in both Emirates!'
Tyler Mervyn, managing director, Live Nation Middle East, said: “We were thrilled to give 10,000 of Russell’s loyal fans the opportunity to see him live in Dubai and look forward to continuing to maximise the concert experience for artists and fans.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Bahrainis set to create floral design record
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra