Adobe rolls out new Creative Suite
Riyadh, April 24, 2012
Adobe Systems Incorporated has launched its new Creative Suite 6 product line seen as as the ultimate toolkit for the design, web and video professionals.
Announcing the launch, Adobe said these powerful releases of 14 CS6 applications and four creative suites – Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium, Design Standard, Production Premium; and Master Collection – drive home the company’s continued innovation across creative markets.
A brand new application, Adobe Muse - a radical new tool that enables designers to create and publish HTML5 web sites without writing code - was also announced at the virtual global launch event held today.
“Designers get a ton of innovation with CS6 with milestone release across all our flagship products,” said Abdallah Saqqa, the general manager Mena at Adobe.
“With CS6 we’re also introducing new products, new mobile workflows and advanced publishing capabilities that show we are laser-focused on ensuring design, web and video pros in the Middle East have everything they need for the delivery of high-impact content and apps,” he stated.
The Middle East edition of CS6 features new UIs (User Interface), fonts, diacritical positioning and justification alternates that are all set specifically for the region's users. In the new UI, added icons and features retain consistency across Mena products so that users can easily find their favourite features.
Adobe said in the edition it has introduced two new fonts for Arabic (Myriad Arabic and Adobe Naskh) besides improving the existing basic font - Adobe Arabic - and also offers an automatic Kashida insertion with greater control over the length and the style of the character.
This includes justification of Arabic text, known as ‘Tatweel’. Furthermore, improved diacritical positioning tool provides enhanced control over the position of Tashkeel on Arabic text, while justification alternatives give the option to apply stylistic typographic effects to text.
CS6 also brings several bug fixes, improved text support for right-to-left languages, improved dictionaries and spell checkers for Arabic text. The Master Collection is now also available in a hybrid Middle East version for the first time.
Commenting on the launch, Joe Karkour, the business development manager, Adobe Systems, Mena, said, 'Adobe’s promise is to change the world through digital experiences. This release builds on our reputation as a software innovator by empowering Middle Eastern creatives with the unprecedented ability to bring their vision to life and manage how and where it is delivered to the end audience – whether on smartphones, tablets, the desktop or through traditional media.'
“Adobe is the world’s leading provider of HTML tools, enabling designers to work efficiently and effectively, creating across devices and platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows Mobile or Symbian,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat