Oman to issue tender for creative design work
Dubai, April 30, 2012
Oman’s Ministry of Tourism plans to issue tender for a creative design services project in coming weeks, said its senior official on the sidelines of the Arabian Travel Market (ATM) expo in Dubai.
“ATM is an opportune time to signal that we will be issuing a tender for creative design services to take our 'Oman’s Beauty has an Address' campaign to a higher level, remarked Maitha Al Mahrouqi, undersecretary of the tourism ministry.
Last November, the ministry had launched the global campaign on BBC Worldwide television and web sites.
'The successful agency will need to have a strong strategic capability to build awareness in Destination Oman and to shape our consumer-direct campaigns,' she added.
The Sultanate, she said, was an emerging tourism destination that has won numerous international awards, positioning itself as an immersive and authentic Arabian destination.
Oman’s tourism campaigns position the country as a destination for high-end cultural, heritage, nature and adventure travelers looking for an immersive and authentic Arabian experience.
Business and incentive tourism are also on the horizon with Oman’s 3,000 seat Convention and Exhibition Centre due for completion in 2015.
Domestic tourism is another priority, with the Ministry seeking to bolster the profile of major events such as the Muscat Festival and Salalah Tourism Festival, and a rich portfolio of world class attractions including Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve and Royal Opera House Muscat.
The Ministry sees the need for a stand-alone destination campaign for Salalah, as well as regional destinations like the high altitude Hajar Mountains and Oman’s East Coast as summer escapes, said Al Mahrouqi.
“We are interested to hear from agencies that can communicate Oman’s values and attributes in an informed and compelling way. The successful agency would work closely with the Ministry’s head office and to our network of international offices on market-specific campaigns and initiatives,' she remarked.
Most importantly, we want to build on Oman’s distinctive and elegant brand position because, from a destination marketing viewpoint, we believe Beauty has an address,” she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film