Bahrain King orders new club for journalists
Manama, June 28, 2012
His Majesty King Hamad yesterday (June 27) issued directives to set up an independent journalists' club to boost freedom of opinion.
It will be an addition to Bahrain's democratic achievements and Press march, he said.
The club will also help conduct journalistic and intellectual debates by welcoming local and foreign officials to shed light on crucial issues, he said as he received at Al Safriya Palace the new Bahrain Journalists' Association (BJA) board, led by chairman Mo'aness Al Mardi.
His Majesty congratulated the members, wishing them success in achieving their objectives and aspirations and promoting the profession.
He hailed Bahraini Press for serving society, strengthening unity and promoting key national issues.
He stressed the role of journalism and highlighted the prevailing climate of openness and freedom of expression for journalists and multiple sources of news and reports available to them. He also paid tribute to the Bahraini Press pioneers.
Al Mardi stressed that the Press was a key partner in the national media strategy and will work to defend Bahrain and its unity, reveal the facts and highlight national achievements. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps