Middle East investor relations awards next month
Dubai, October 28, 2012
The Middle East Investor Relations Society’s (ME-IR Society) annual IR Conference and Awards Ceremony will take place in Abu Dhabi on November 29.
The society has announced the nominees for the 2012 annual IR Awards.
A survey carried out by Thomson Reuters Extel will reveal the top 15 IR performers in Middle East.
The award aims to recognise the region’s best performers in the field of investor relations, as voted by investors and sell-side analysts.
The results of the survey and the 2012 winners will be presented at the ME-IR Society’s Annual IR Conference and Awards Ceremony which will take place in Abu Dhabi on November 29.
Paul Reynolds, chairman of ME-IR Society and managing director of Rothschild in the Middle East, said: “The Annual IR Conference and Awards are the highlight of the society’s calendar and we are honoured to be hosting this year’s event under the kind patronage of HE Nasser Ahmed Khalifa Al Sowaidi. The Society has grown substantially since its inception in 2008, and 2012 has been our busiest year yet. So far this year we have opened seven new country chapters, accredited over 40 IR professionals, run events in eight countries, conducted our first training event for 52 listed companies in the Saudi market, and provided more and improved benefits to our growing membership base spanning from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean.”
This year the society will also introduce four internal awards which recognize the IR efforts of private companies, best annual report, best performing Certified Investor Relations Officer (CIRO) student and the Outstanding IR Contribution of the Year. Candidates for these awards can be nominated and the Society board will be responsible for naming the winners.
The conference is sponsored by HSBC, NBAD, Arqaam Capital, ADX, EFG Hermes, ADCB, Thomson Reuters, First Gulf Bank, Standard Chartered, BNY Mellon, Latham and Watkins, JP Morgan and M:Communications. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat