50 Cent backs Dubai Autism Center
Dubai, November 11, 2012
Globally acclaimed artist and entrepreneur, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, has brought his philosophy of “conscious capitalism” to life, by launching a CSR partnership with Dubai Autism Center.
Under the terms of the partnership, part of the profit from 50 Cent's SMS Audio headphone line sold in the UAE during November will contribute to support children at Dubai Autism Center.
This marks a significant celebrity partnership for autism in Dubai, and it is geared to accelerate the awareness, acceptance, and understanding of this condition, said a statement.
The multi-platinum selling rapper elaborated on his sponsorship: “It’s not just about donating money. It’s about donating hope, and leading a hand to show we care. Every child deserves the chance to reach for his or her dreams. If SMS Audio customers in Dubai show the same support for these children as they’ve shown for me, these children can grow up to achieve their own ambitions.”
This charitable gesture is in conjunction with Shift, the official distributor of SMS Audio in 14 countries in the Middle East and Africa.
Sara Ahmad Baker, community service unit head at the Dubai Autism Center, expressed her gratitude, and said: “Only in recent years has autism started to receive significant attention within the mainstream audience. SMS Audio’s donation extends far beyond the monetary benefits.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film