Batelco backs event for the disabled
Manama, November 20, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom provider, has announced its support for a popular event held annually to raise funds for the kingdom’s disabled athletes.
The Batelco Melodic Meet 2012, which has been taking place for 20 years, will be held at the Indian School Auditorium on December 14.
The event, featuring physically handicapped and able bodied performers, is being organised by Bahrain Disabled Sports Federation (BDSF) in association with Batelco and a number of leading Bahraini organisations.
The BDSF will be bringing in an accomplished dancer who was born with only one leg. The dancer, Vandana V R, who has performed on many international stages, is proficient in a number of Asian dance styles.
The Comedy Cousins, Babu Jose and Baiju Jose, playback singer Pradeep Palurthi, Bollywood singer Aglesh and female singer Sony Parod will also be performing at the event.
Batelco Group general manager Ahmed Al Janahi said: “This very popular event raises significant funds to support Bahrain’s disabled athletes. We are 100 per cent behind such a noble objective and we wish the organisers every success in achieving their goals.”
BDSF chairman Brigadier Sh. Ahmed Bin Salman Bin Daij Al Khalifa added: “The money we raise will support our athletes participation in international sports meets as well as help in organising local events.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat