Batelco backs event for the disabled
Manama, November 20, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom provider, has announced its support for a popular event held annually to raise funds for the kingdom’s disabled athletes.
The Batelco Melodic Meet 2012, which has been taking place for 20 years, will be held at the Indian School Auditorium on December 14.
The event, featuring physically handicapped and able bodied performers, is being organised by Bahrain Disabled Sports Federation (BDSF) in association with Batelco and a number of leading Bahraini organisations.
The BDSF will be bringing in an accomplished dancer who was born with only one leg. The dancer, Vandana V R, who has performed on many international stages, is proficient in a number of Asian dance styles.
The Comedy Cousins, Babu Jose and Baiju Jose, playback singer Pradeep Palurthi, Bollywood singer Aglesh and female singer Sony Parod will also be performing at the event.
Batelco Group general manager Ahmed Al Janahi said: “This very popular event raises significant funds to support Bahrain’s disabled athletes. We are 100 per cent behind such a noble objective and we wish the organisers every success in achieving their goals.”
BDSF chairman Brigadier Sh. Ahmed Bin Salman Bin Daij Al Khalifa added: “The money we raise will support our athletes participation in international sports meets as well as help in organising local events.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo