AIMS expands Qatar digital signage operations
Doha, November 21, 2012
Advanced Interactive Media Solutions (AIMS), a market leader in the digital signage solutions in GCC region, has announced plans to further expand its operations in Qatar by opening a subsidiary, Superior Business Solutions.
AIMS is a part of a group of media companies that also include Specialized Software Services(SSS) that has offices in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and partners across the region.
The company has been aggressively strengthening its position across key Gulf markets, taking advantage of lucrative business prospects in the region’s digital advertising landscape, which is projected to achieve a compound annual growth rate of 35 per cent over the next 3 years and reach a value of $580 million by 2015.
Driven by the success of projects installed for high-profile clients such as RasGas Company, the second-biggest LNG producer in the world, and with Qatar Sidra Hospital project lined up, AIMS said the demand for its specialized digital signage solutions has picked up in Qatar.
The company further revealed that rapid adoption of digital and mobile technologies in Qatar had contributed immensely to the rise of digital as an increasingly popular advertising medium in the country.
“Digital advertising spend in Qatar expanded by 16 per cent to reach $467 million in 2010 and continues to maintain a positive growth trajectory, creating lucrative long-term growth prospects for our core business offerings," remarked Ahmed El Ridi, its CEO for UAE region.
According to him, the same trend is manifested across the region wherein digital advertising is expected to account for up to 10 per cent of the total advertising spend by 2015.
"AIMS has therefore stepped up its market expansion drive in Qatar and other key regional markets as part of the company’s growth plans in the GCC. Using Scala’s cutting-edge content management platform, we have launched customized campaigns that have surpassed client expectations, particularly in terms of ROI."
"We will build on these successful projects to create greater awareness about the business value of digital signage solutions and ultimately sustain our expansion drive in Qatar and across the region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released