Expo showcases Arabic fashion
Dubai, February 27, 2013
Kuwait Fashion Expo, showcasing contemporary Arabic women’s wear and accessories, including designer wear , opened in Dubai today (February 27).
The expo brings together an ensemble of over 45 exhibitors, including well-known designers who will showcase a wide variety of their collections that are modern yet in line with the cultural sensitivities of GCC and the region.
The three-day debut expo coincides with the Kuwait National Day celebrations and seeks to revitalize the Arabic women’s fashion consciousness without compromising on cultural sensitivities, said organisers Fashion Way.
“This is the first time that a show which brings together designer collections and daily wear fashion clothing and accessories created by GCC-based designers and production houses have been brought under one roof,” said Abdullah Al Ajmy, general manager, Fashion Way, a Kuwait-based enterprise.
He said Fashion Way selected Dubai as the venue for the expo because the emirate is the fashion hub of the region where new trends in lifestyle are in high demand.
The expo will showcase different varieties of Abayas, Jallabias, ornamental accessories and other fashion paraphernalia that will have the stamp of originality produced by designers predominantly from Kuwait, Dubai and other GCC states. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand