Sell-out crowd enthralled by Il Divo magic
Manama, March 2, 2013
Thousands of music fans in Bahrain last night turned out to watch Il Divo, a multinational operatic pop vocal group created by music manager, executive, and reality TV star Simon Cowell, play a sold-out show at the Bahrain National Theatre.
The show is the grandest among flagship events organised by the Culture Ministry's Spring of Culture programme http://www.springofculture.org and its year-long celebrations of Manama as the Arab Capital of Tourism 2013.
Il Divo holds over 150 gold and platinum awards and has sold over 25 million albums and 2 million concert tickets worldwide.
The group was created by music producer Simon Cowell, who is well-known for his role as a judge on X-Factor.
The group is currently celebrating the release of their Greatest Hits collection.
Tickets for all festival shows to be held from now at the Bahrain National Theatre can be purchased at Virgin Megastore in Bahrain City Centre, while tickets for shows held at the Cultural Hall are free of charge.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand