Mubadala unit backs philanthropy group
Abu Dhabi, May 23, 2013
Mubadala GE Capital, a provider of financing solutions to businesses, has strengthened its ties with an Abu Dhabi-based non-profit organisation which supports young people with special needs.
Mubadala GE Capital will provide additional funding and support to enable the Future Centre for Special Needs Centre to help even more young people in the UAE.
The two organisations will collaborate to provide internship opportunities for students with special needs, where they will learn a variety of workplace skills while supporting a number of functions within Mubadala GE Capital.
As part of a full year of planned activities, students from the Future Centre will also have the opportunity to learn computer skills during training sessions run by volunteers from Mubadala GE Capital on site at the Future Centre.
In addition, the Mubadala GE Capital Finance Department will support and advise the finance team at the Future Centre about incorporating private sector best practice into the operations of a charity.
Ronald Herman, CEO of Mubadala GE Capital and a Future Centre board member, said: “Supporting the local community is a cornerstone of Mubadala GE Capital’s values, and we have worked with the Future Centre for Special Needs for a number of years.
“We are deeply proud that this donation will help to further support the incredible work that the organisation does each year to help young people with special needs in the UAE. This year we are extending the support we provide beyond the financial donation to include providing expertise and sharing our employees’ time to help the Future Centre and its participants.”
Mowfaq M AMustafa, director of Future Centre added: “I would like to thank Mubadala GE Capital for its kind donation to Future Centre for Special Needs. I take their gesture as a validation of our worth in the community.”
“It is encouraging to know that there are organizations such as Mubadala GE Capital who is ready to support us through monetary donation. Future Centre has indeed come from strength to strength over time strongly due to the benevolence of many people and organizations. I wish Mubadala GE Capital more success.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched