Batelco sponsors Al Ayam book fair
Manama, August 19, 2013
Batelco, a leading telecom group in Bahrain, has announced its sponsorship for a major book fair organised by daily newspaper Al Ayam.
The 20th edition of the nine-day Al Ayam Book Fair (Cultural Festival) will take place at the Bahrain International Exhibition & Convention Centre from September 16 to 24.
The major cultural event is being held under the patronage of Deputy Prime Minister Shaikh Mohamed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa. Several local and international publishers are scheduled to participate to display and sell a wide range of books in Arabic and English.
Batelco Public Relations manager Osama Al Saad presented the sponsorship cheque to Al Ayam manager, Admin & Finance Ali Ahmadi during a recent meeting at Batelco’s headquarters.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that Batelco was a very keen supporter of cultural events which provide great opportunities and entertainment for the general public.
“This event has been taking place successfully for years and attracts large crowds to view the fantastic range of books on display. The fair provides a great opportunity to pick up, new titles as well as gifts for family and friends,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps