Batelco sponsors Al Ayam book fair
Manama, August 19, 2013
Batelco, a leading telecom group in Bahrain, has announced its sponsorship for a major book fair organised by daily newspaper Al Ayam.
The 20th edition of the nine-day Al Ayam Book Fair (Cultural Festival) will take place at the Bahrain International Exhibition & Convention Centre from September 16 to 24.
The major cultural event is being held under the patronage of Deputy Prime Minister Shaikh Mohamed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa. Several local and international publishers are scheduled to participate to display and sell a wide range of books in Arabic and English.
Batelco Public Relations manager Osama Al Saad presented the sponsorship cheque to Al Ayam manager, Admin & Finance Ali Ahmadi during a recent meeting at Batelco’s headquarters.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that Batelco was a very keen supporter of cultural events which provide great opportunities and entertainment for the general public.
“This event has been taking place successfully for years and attracts large crowds to view the fantastic range of books on display. The fair provides a great opportunity to pick up, new titles as well as gifts for family and friends,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand