Qapco backs seminar to empower disabled
Doha, October 20, 2013
Qatar Petrochemical Company (Qapco), a leading regional petrochemical powerhouse, has pledged support to a seminar aimed at uniting and empowering people with special needs.
The second edition of the Symposium will take place in Wakra from October 29 to 31 at the Abdulrahman Bin Jassim Preparatory School. It is being organised by the school with support from the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.
Qapco signed a memorandum of understanding with Abdulrahman Bin Jassim Preparatory School, to become the main sponsor of the event.
The seminar aims at bringing together parents, educators, researchers, therapists, social centres, teachers and people with special needs and learning challenges.
The audience will participate in workshops, focus groups, network and interact as well as attend specialised lectures given by professionals and experts.
Dr Mohammed Al Mulla, vice chairman and CEO of Qapco, said: “The engagement, involvement and support extended by Abdulrahman Bin Jassim Preparatory School to the people with special needs is admirable and it is our responsibility to offer our upmost support to their endeavour.”
The forum is open to all and aims to provide support, information, guidance and assistance to the participants while raising awareness about special needs in general. Experience sharing will also be encouraged.
Yousuf Abdulla Al-Abdulla, principal, said: “The forum aims at being informative and to provide practical solutions for the benefits of our community.”
Dr Al Mulla added: “It is our role, as a community partner, to support such initiatives. Learning disabilities can be truly challenging for many and we aim at reinforcing solidarity and cohesion in the society on that level.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released