Bahrain set to create floral design record
Manama, December 23, 2013
Bahrainis will try to create a new Guinness World Records tomorrow (December 24) for the greatest number of people sowing bulbs in one place at the same time.
Samer Khallouf, project manager at Guinness World Records, arrives today to evaluate Bahrain's attempt to break the world record for the maximum number of people planting flowers simultaneously.
The event is part of Bahrain's National Day celebrations, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
Eight hundred Bahrainis will rally tomorrow to try to break the current record and write the words "Al Malik Hamad" (King Hamad), planting 40,000 red and white petunias simultaneously in a floral tribute to His Majesty King Hamad.
The current record was set by 636 participants in an event organised by Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland, at Butt's Close Park, Hitchin, the UK, on October 2, 2010.
Assistant under-secretary for joint municipal services at the Municipalities and Urban Planning Affairs Ministry Mohammed Noor Al Shaikh said the event aimed to renew love and allegiance to the King, promote deep-rooted Arab identity among youths, encourage farming and boost an initiative spirit among participants to serve the nation. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released