Positive impact of govt communications to be discussed
Sharjah, January 5, 2014
Leading figures will come together to discuss the positive impact of government communications at a conference in Sharjah next month.
The International Government Communication Forum (IGCF 2014) will be held at the Expo Centre Sharjah, said Sharjah Media Centre (SMC), the organiser.
The forum will feature plenary discussions, local and global case studies and workshops, which will be attended by world leaders, political figures, media, academicians and thought leaders, besides a number of professionals from government communication departments in the UAE and from across the globe.
It will seek to develop a reliable platform for dialogue and offer insights on best practices in government communication followed internationally in order to enhance government performance and methods of communication between governments and the public.
Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmed Al Qassimi, chairman of SMC, said: "Government communication is no longer a secondary activity or an afterthought that is adopted by government entities if it suits them. It has become a key driver in enhancing relationships between governments and their audiences.
“The global geopolitical and socioeconomic changes that have impacted the region in the past few years have triggered different social, political and public reactions. Governments have realised the value of establishing an effective communication strategy that ensures accuracy and transparency in conveying their messages to their audiences." - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs