Bahrain unveils big expo zone plans
Manama, January 6, 2014
The exhibitions and conferences industry is set for a major boost as part of efforts to bolster Bahrain's regional standing and attract investments.
The Premier yesterday gave directives during the Cabinet meeting to increase the zones allocated for specialised exhibitions. He instructed authorities concerned to earmark new sites in the Southern Governorate, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The Premier ordered a thorough review of decisions, which may hamper government's efforts to turn Bahrain into a regional centre for trade, investments and specialised exhibitions and conferences, the report stated.
The session also discussed ways of speeding up the ratification of certificates of origins with the aim of streamlining import procedures.
In 2013, the Industry and Commerce Ministry approved 165 licences for new investment projects worth BD140 million ($369 million). The session commended the ministry's efforts.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps