Etihad names golf star as 'ambassador'
Abu Dhabi, January 12, 2014
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has added international PGA golfer Martin Kaymer to its Guest Ambassador program.
Having won the US PGA Championship in 2010, the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship for a record three times in 2008, 2010 and 2011, and holing the winning putt for the European Ryder Cup Team in 2012, Kaymer is considered one of the golfing world’s brightest stars.
As the latest Etihad Guest Ambassador, he will work on a series of initiatives to raise Etihad Airways’ brand awareness in Germany and other key markets around the world. This includes a promotional video being filmed in Abu Dhabi this week to showcase Etihad Airways’ award-winning service and also position the UAE capital as a leading golf and travel destination.
The shooting schedule coincides with the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship 2014, with Kaymer competing for his fourth title at Abu Dhabi Golf Club between January 16 and 19.
Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer at Etihad Airways, said: “As one of the world’s leading golf stars, Martin Kaymer has dedicated fans throughout the world, including his home country of Germany. Behind his impressive sporting achievements is a determination to work hard and achieve excellence, values that he shares with Etihad Airways.
“This makes him the perfect Etihad Guest Ambassador and we look forward to working with Martin on a series of projects, including the launch of Etihad Holidays in Germany. Germany is our tour operating division’s second venture outside of the Middle East, offering an extensive range of holiday packages to Abu Dhabi and other destinations across our global network.”
The Etihad Guest Ambassador program was launched in October 2013 and features some of the biggest names from the global entertainment, art and sporting industries. Current ambassadors include Australian celebrity Dannii Minogue, Indian actress Katrina Kaif, Vietnamese Australian chef Luke Nguyen, French footballer Patrick Vieira, and Australian cricketer Shane Warne.
“As a professional golfer, I am constantly travelling around the world and need to arrive feeling relaxed, energised and ready to go. Little things make a big difference when you travel as much as we do,” Kaymer said.
“Etihad Airways’ standards and attention to detail are consistently high at every stage of the travel experience, which makes me happy each time I fly with them. Therefore, I am extremely honoured to become the latest Etihad Guest Ambassador and look forward to working on key promotional activities, including the launch of Etihad Holidays in Germany.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps